Friday, May 21, 2004

It's a Miracle!

Well, the job stuff is going okay. Well, not really. I haven't had many (any) callbacks from the 5 jobs I just applied for. This has been a tough week for me, honestly. I normally do okay with the unemployed thing; I usually just turn it into a joke and laugh it off.

But that was before.

Before what you ask?

Before I got a taste.

The last two events to occur in my professional career (I know, I giggle when I say that too) have been glimpses into the industry that I want to get into. The first event - see my first two posts - started this blog because I was so devestated. And bored.

Mostly devestated.

The second event occured recently: a few weeks ago I was commissioned to write an ad for a local ad agency's auto dealer client. I was told I would be paid a few hundred bucks if everything went well.

And things actually went well.

My first radio ad was produced and aired yesterday. I still haven't heard it on the radio yet, and I am not altogether looking forward to it. You know that feeling when you were called on in elementary school to recite a poem you wrote and didn't think it was very good in the first place? Yeah...that's kind of me right now, except the poem happens to be a sixty second radio ad read by someone else and the class happens to be the entire Portland Metropolitan Area.

Anyhow. Now you see what I mean, right? For the past 5 weeks I have been dabbling in the backwards art of advertising, something I have wanted to do for a very long time. And now I have had two (limited) experiences in it. Now I can't keep my mind off of it. Like a first kiss.

Or crack.

Hell, I even majored in it. I love the stuff for some reason, I just do. I can't help it.

Except to keep trying to get into it.

That said, I think Wal-Mart is hiring...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home