Sunday, May 09, 2004

A nice, fresh feel

It has been a couple of days since my last post, so I decided to do a quick update and let my readers (which number around 2 at the moment) in on some actual good news on my job search. Yep, that's right: good news. Now, don't get me wrong, I still plan on being cynical and reasonably unhappy with my current (un)employment situation, so don’t worry – I’m still here for you.

Anyhow: the news.

Last Wednesday, a job contact at a local agency actually called me back after about a year of calling and hounding. See, it happens that the number of worthwhile ad biz contacts that I have happens to match the number of readers of this blog. That said, I have to make sure I get the most mileage out of my good business contacts.

Anyhow, I get an actual call back from a contact and an actual radio copy assignment instead of the usual runaround. I was practically speechless and had a fantastic time researching the client, roughing out ideas – basically doing what I want to be doing for a living, only full-time and not at home. It was great – I even turned off SpongeBob and everything to focus – and banged out three potential drafts that are going to be presented to the client this week. In a word: awesome.

That said, who knows what's going to happen this week?

God knows I can't wait to apply to more BS jobs after a taste of what I actually WANT to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home