Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Liquid Regret

Okay. So, in the December or January archives, you'll find a little post I called "As opposed to...?". In this little post, I refer to one of our account execs and, more specifically, their start up company's name: Liquid Vodka.

Well, if you go back and read the post, you'll quickly come to the conclusion that I'm not fond of the name. In fact, I go so far as to reenact the (hypothetical) brainstorming meeting that happened when they named the product. And then I take it a step further be infering that those involved were/are idiots because of how they named the product.

Well, it just so happens that I get in a chat with the aforementioned account exec's boss (a guy whom I work with often) and he asks if I had mentioned "Liquid Vodka" in my blog. To make a long story short, the account exec found my blog through a simple Google search. Actually, if you Google 'Liquid Vodka' right now, I show up SECOND; it's basically impossible to miss it. (The good news is that the link on Google isn't anchored in the text; you have to scroll down about halfway down to find the correct article.)

So now I'm in this odd position. I don't work directly with the account person, but I feel bad for infering that they were idiots for naming their product the way they did, when in fact, they are not. The owners are actually very intelligent and I give them credit for having the guts to start their own venture in what is a very cutthroat environment.

So...here's what I'm going to do. First off, I'm going to apologize. Second, I'm going to use this coming week and subsequent weekend to work my way through an entire fifth of Liquid Vodka, and report back to you.

I figure I'll test in in my three favorite ways: chilled, rocks with lemon, and with tonic. Also, I can't rule out a dirty martini here and there. (For unbiased testing, you know.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home