Thursday, September 08, 2005

Tough couple weeks

Okay. I have a confession. I haven't been blogging very much. But...I've been incredibly busy at work, so that's one thing. In fact, these past couple weeks were so bad, I took a short vacation over Labor Day weekend. SockMama and I loaded my new bike (actually, this object could soon replace SockMama's and Scout's positions as numbers 1 and 2, respectively, in my life) on the car and hit up Bend (basically a mini-Whistler, B.C.) in Central Oregon. It was a blast, except that on Monday morning, I awoke to that glorious tingling in the back of my throat. So for the past couple of days, I've been at home, sick, and still working. Not fun. In fact, it was so rough that I am going to have to take yet another vacation to get over this week.

Actually, this vacation has been planned for a couple of months now; the Bend trip was more on a whim, if anything. So next week, I am going to be camping. First, we're heading to Tumelo (close to Bend) for four days. We were actually supposed to go to Lake Shasta, but they're experiencing flash floods at the moment (and off and on thunderstorms through next Tuesday) that the campsite was kind enough to let us out of our contract thing. Then, we're off to Southern Oregon to camp at the coast for a few days. Then it's back home, where I will immediately post pics and blog about the trip. It's the least I can do to make up for my abscence, old and new.

Oh, and being a native Louisianian, I would like to thank whomever might be reading this for their thoughts and contributions in whatever form to the state of Louisiana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home