Friday, July 29, 2005

New linkie

Last post, I linked to a funky Japanese anime where a crazed chick on a bike slams into her boyfriend (I'm assuming ex-boyfriend, by the way he nonchalantly stands there as if he's God's gift to the female race...well...that and the fact that she's slamming into him with her bike)...but anyhow, I thought I linked something else. Then made fun of Collin's barbituates prescription because of it.

So, without further ado, here's the original thing I was linking to.

Go watch, come back, and read on.

***


So, that was done by an agency in town -- Borders, Perrin and Norrander -- and I think it sums up the advertising world pretty accurately. Not that we're filled with mullets and rotted teeth, but that everything an agency does, EVERYTHING, should be creative. And I guess that's what drives me nuts about the "agency" where I work. We value production over creativity.

At one point in our mission statement, there's a statement about "creatively brilliant" solutions. That's nice, but to be a top tier agency (a goal that we're reminded of at every staff meeting, with mentions of W+K, Crispin Porter and Chiat Day), "creatively brilliant" solutions won't get this agency anywhere in the high-profile ad world.

But "brilliantly creative" solutions can.

Simple change, huge difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home